As men and women increasingly prioritize their appearance and self-care, medical spas have never been more popular. They provide a safe yet inviting medical haven for rejuvenating the face and body nonsurgically while boosting your body image.
But what exactly is a medical spa? If you have been considering a visit to our med spa, CC Skin Clinic, you may wonder how it differs from a traditional spa and what treatments you’ll find here. Keep reading to learn more about what a medical spa can offer you.
What Is a Medical Spa?
Also referred to as a med spa, a medical spa combines the luxurious experience of a traditional spa with medical aesthetic care provided by nurse injectors, certified estheticians, and other well-qualified professionals. Medical spas offer a variety of aesthetic treatments designed to rejuvenate your skin and enhance your appearance. Compared to cosmetic surgery treatments, services provided by a medical spa are generally less invasive, less expensive, and require less downtime.
What Treatments Are Offered at a Med Spa?
While medical spa service menus vary depending on which practice you visit, you can expect to find an array of treatments to help patients look and feel their best. Popular services offered at our full-service med spa include:
BOTOX works wonders on lines and wrinkles caused by smiling, squinting, and other repetitive facial expressions and movements. When performed by a certified nurse injector, BOTOX is extremely safe and effective.
Dermal fillers are injectables that combat fine lines and deep wrinkles, including marionette lines and nasolabial folds. Fillers also add volume to facial features, such as the lips, cheeks, and jawline. Our clinic offers some of the most popular FDA-approved dermal filler brands, including JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Sculptra® Aesthetic.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser skin treatments use a minimally invasive approach to restore the skin. Treatments such as HALO® hybrid fractional laser, BBL®, Morpheus8, and Contour TRL help reduce skin concerns such as sun damage, age spots, acne scars, enlarged pores, and uneven skin tone. You can learn more about the benefits of laser skin rejuvenation in this related blog post.
Cosmetic skin treatments address skincare issues that traditional moisturizers or serums can’t always tackle. Here are a few popular med spa skincare treatments:
- DiamondGlow® is a skin resurfacing treatment that exfoliates and nourishes the skin with the aid of a diamond-tip wand.
- Dermaplaning replenishes your skin’s glow as we use a scalpel to remove dead skin cells.
- SkinPen® microneedling safely triggers the skin’s repair process, rejuvenating aging or damaged skin.
Choosing a Quality Medical Spa
While you may be inundated with special offers from local med spas, it’s essential to do your research to select a reputable medical spa with certified estheticians, injectors, and laser technicians. Here’s why quality matters when choosing a medical spa:
- Safety: Certified health professionals stay up to date on the latest skincare advancements, and they are specially trained to follow rigorous hygiene and safety protocols.
- Experience: Qualified technicians undergo rigorous training and education to perform treatments properly, safely, and effectively.
- Customization: Experienced providers can thoroughly assess your needs and tailor treatments based on your unique goals.
- Results: A quality medical spa will be able to deliver the results you desire. Be wary of practices that refuse to share before-and-after photos showcasing patient results.
Embark on your self-care journey with confidence by keeping the above considerations in mind when choosing a medical spa. Of course, we invite you to visit us, call us at (843) 722-5904, or contact us anytime to explore our diverse offering of plastic surgery and med spa services.