Men and women choose plastic surgery for many reasons, from correcting physical conditions to achieving a more youthful appearance. While cosmetic surgery is safe when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon, you should choose a surgeon you can trust and feel comfortable with.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at Crantford Costa Plastic Surgery, located in Charleston, SC, have years of experience and the knowledge to handle any contingency situations that may arise. They make sure to create a customized and unique plan for each patient. Let’s get to know our dedicated team of plastic surgeons a little more!
Dr. Clayton Crantford
Dr. Crantford is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing facelifts, liposuction, gluteal augmentation, and aesthetic plastic surgery procedures. His expertise in face, breast, and body procedures comes from his years of training and acting as an industry leader within various professional organizations.
Dr. Crantford exhibits his commitment to patient care and satisfaction daily by offering a fulfilling patient experience. Men and women from all over Charleston and surrounding areas love their liposuction, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and Brazilian butt lift results.
- Dr. Crantford is a South Carolina native and attended the Honors College at the University of South Carolina with a degree in mathematics.
- He attended medical school at the Medical University of South Carolina and was awarded the Rich Scholarship for academic performance.
- He was selected to train in the plastic surgery program at Wake Forest University among leaders in his field.
- He and a co-resident were awarded the Nicholas Georgiade Award for the best resident research project by the North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgery.
- After completing his plastic surgery training, he joined the internationally recognized Hunstad/Kortesis/Bharti Center for Plastic Surgery as a fellow. This prestigious fellowship is endorsed by The Aesthetic Society.
More About Dr. Crantford
Dr. Crantford travels to Africa and South America on medical missions to provide medical care to underserved communities. He spends his spare time relaxing with family and friends.
Dr. Louis E. Costa
Dr. Costa, a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in facial and reconstructive procedures, is the director at Crantford Costa Plastic Surgery. He firmly believes facial plastic surgery results should look natural and complement the patient’s overall appearance. Dr. Costa keeps abreast of technological advances and new techniques involving facial procedures so he can help his patients achieve their best results.
Dr. Costa frequently performs facelift, brow lift, rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, blepharoplasty, and neck lift surgery.
- Obtained his D.M.D. degree as the First Honor Graduate, recipient of the Dean’s Award and the “Golden Hands Award.”
- Received the Special Award for Scholarship when he obtained his M.D. degree and graduated with a 4.0 GPA.
- Completed residencies in oral/maxillofacial surgery and head and neck surgery and extended his training with a fellowship in facial plastic surgery.
- Served as a clinical professor at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr. Jason Ulm
Dr. Jason Ulm is a double board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in facial, breast, and body procedures. His roots are in Charleston, SC, and he is proud to serve his hometown community. Dr. Ulm brings skill and dedication to all his patients, and he works tirelessly to ensure they get their desired results.
Dr. Ulm commonly performs breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, liposuction, and rhinoplasty procedures for his patients.
- Completed a plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston and received advanced fellowship training in aesthetic and craniofacial surgery from Massachusetts General Hospital at Harvard Medical School.
- Trained in some of the most complex procedures in his field: DIEP breast reconstruction and craniofacial reconstruction.
- Served as an instructor at Harvard Medical School and currently serves as an Associate Professor of Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina.
The Support Team at Crantford Costa Plastic Surgery
A skilled support team works alongside our plastic surgeons to give our patients the warm, exceptional care they deserve. The team comprises practice managers, surgical coordinators, patient care coordinators, registered nurses, and more. Our clinical support team and Skin Clinic staff bring years of experience and unique perspectives to our practice.
This is just a glimpse of our plastic surgeons’ backgrounds and the rigorous training they have undergone to serve their patients. Their skill and experience shine through in our patients’ before and after results, some of which you can view in this photo gallery. If you are looking for a partner on your transformation journey, request a consultation or call us at (843) 722-5904 to schedule an appointment.